NUtec employs a dynamic Research and Development (R&D) team which includes:
- Chemists specialising in UV curable, water-based and solvent digital ink development.
- Print head, rheology and waveform specialists.
- Integration specialists for single pass and multi pass systems.
- Engineering specialists for auxiliary component design.
Development tools based at NUtec’s premises include:
- Print head laboratories with drop watcher and waveform analysis tools.
- Independent UV curable, water-based and solvent digital ink laboratories.
- R&D Print rooms with the relevant printer platforms for ink development.
- Environmental simulation rooms to replicate seasonal temperature and humidity conditions.
- Complete ink characterisation to ISO standards to ensure final product and application performance.
- State of the art accelerated aging test facility.
The NUtec R&D team has developed, amongst others, an Environment Responsible Product (ERP) line of digital printing inks, that contains no Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) as defined by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), making the inks safer for both the printer operator and for the environment.